TechCanary Corporation is seeking a wide range of Software Developers with can-do attitudes and the ability to work as part of a team for a growing start-up to fill multiple positions. Whether you're new to the game/fresh out of college or have been doing this in your sleep for eons, we're looking to fill Software Developer roles from junior to senior with a focus more on the candidate's experience with the Salesforce platform or their drive and willingness to learn the platform.
THE 411 ON TECHCANARY: TechCanary is a dynamic software company that is dramatically changing the way insurance agents do business. Founded in 2013 with corporate headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, TechCanary brings the world’s #1 CRM solution to the insurance industry by delivering a full-featured Agency Management System (AMS) built into the Salesforce.com platform.
Agents can now conduct business anytime, anywhere and on any device. In addition to managing their business, TechCanary enables them to focus on managing their growth. Many of the cumbersome and costly manual steps required today for agents to run their agency on legacy software solutions are replaced by an automated, streamlined, and flexible cloud-based methodology. Through the TechCanary solution, agents will realize dramatic operational efficiency gains and cost reductions, as well as a resultant increase in revenue and income.
Recognized as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in the Milwaukee Region two years running and #393 on the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private U.S. companies, we're still stretching our wings and flying higher. With a fantastic downtown location just steps from the new Fiserv Forum, we've found our niche and are looking for fantastic people who add to, not fit within, our awesome Canary Culture (aka TheFlock).
If you think outside the cage, want to roll up your sleeves and get a little dirty, and use your background, experience and creativity to solve problems with a growing team, then get in on the ground floor of a growing company and fly with TheFlock at TechCanary.
THE VIEW FROM THE TOP
Under general supervision of the Director of Development & Architecture, this position is responsible for the overall development, configuration and operation of TechCanary’s Insurance Platform, which is an insurance industry solution built into the Salesforce platform that brings a refreshing and dramatic improvement to the tools available to insurance agents to run and grow their business. This position will perform development of new features and functionality, testing, implementation, documentation, and updating tasks.
THE NITTY GRITTY (What will you actually be doing?)
- Develop and maintain Visualforce, AppExchange, Force.com and integration with other third-party solutions
- Design, code, test, debug, package and deploy solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Routinely review code, configuration, data and usage to ensure long-term viability and integrity
- Make suggestions and recommendations for modifications and enhancements for system and process improvement and efficiency
- Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development and operations, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance
CANARY COMPETENCIES (What you already bring to the table and what you can expect to be competent in after successful onboarding)
- Extensive knowledge of and hands-on experience with APEX and Visualforce development
- Strong ability to use Salesforce APIs to integrate Salesforce with other tools
- Skill in using and experience with Force.com migration tool
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Ability to work independently and involve supervisor as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate status updates
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proficient skills and ability to problem solve
- Ability to be a team player and to interact with senior management/C-level executives
- Considerable skill in using object-oriented programming language, such as Python, Java, etc.
- Considerable working knowledge of Git and/or other CI/CD tools
- Ability to work with JIRA and skill to work in an agile environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn new skills and develop self to stay on top of trends and changes in the industry
- Ability to work in a fun environment that is developing, rapidly changing and growing its CanaryCulture
THE CANARY CAGE
This job operates in an office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers (ummm, DUH!), phones, copiers/scanners and various online tools (Double DUH!).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods and use computers for the super majority of time (doesn’t that go without saying?).
This bird doesn’t fly too far out of the cage, but you may be required to spread those wings and fly minimally to conferences or for other business.
WHAT’S THE DEALIO
This is a full-time position with an expectation of 40 or more hours of work per week.
Competitive salary negotiable based on experience. Fringe benefits, including retirement (with generous employer match), insurance and paid time off, also included.
- Enjoyment working with people, understanding their needs and solving problems
- Hard-working, creative, self-motivated and flexible team player
- Proactive, highly-motivated and results-driving individual
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or similar degree or professional experience equivalent to the knowledge and concepts obtained by a degree
NICE TO HAVES
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with technical implementation, day-to-day operations and long-term maintenance of Salesforce
- Proficiency with Apex and Visualforce
- Knowledge of the insurance industry a plus
- Experience developing in Salesforce Lightning a plus
- Experience with Agile development practices a plus
- Salesforce Developer Certification an extra plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF US
- A team-oriented, supportive environment
- An open-minded office that values contributions from all players
- Free snacks!
- A relaxed and fun work environment
- Team-building and social events
- Free coffee!
- Challenging work
- Development opportunities
- Free snacks!
- A pretty schnazzy benefits package on par with the big dogs
- The ability to join a growing company, get in on the ground floor and make a major impact to help us mold our future
- Did we mention...free snacks?! That's Snacks on Snacks on Snacks!
- OK, yes we know snacks are not what make it or break it for an employee. We believe they're just a little added perk on top of the employee experience with TechCanary to ensure our employees are well taken care of
INTEREST PIQUED? READY TO LEARN MORE?
Then let’s go. Click that handy dandy Apply box.